GCG Risk Management Consultants
Job Description: Producer
We are a growing organization located in Bannockburn, IL and are one of the leading independent insurance and financial services firms in Chicago, built upon the tradition of “doing what is right.” Our mission is to provide customized and innovative solutions that enhance financial security and create wealth. We will achieve our mission by providing the resources, expertise and support necessary to deliver superior service to our clients. Ultimately, our success is measured by the strength of our relationships. If our mission resonates with you we invite you to read on!
Our team of employees at GCG is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing superior customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our firm, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Property and Casualty Producer to join our growing and dynamic team. The P&C Producer will primarily generate new business and maintain a current book of business for the firm. Producer essential responsibilities include however are not limited to:
- Actively manage leads and prospective clients on a daily basis and utilizes the firm’s technology for tracking leads, activities and action items.
- Meet production goals/requirements as set by the firm.
- Set appointments and personally meets with prospects and clients, conducts in depth dialogue and develops a positive business relationship built on mutual trust.
- Gathers internal and external information including: industry risk profile, benchmarking, client strategic goals and objectives, market conditions report, total cost of risk, and current services.
- Identifies key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, and combinations that will best serve and address the client/prospect's issues and objectives.
- Ensure and anticipate accurate and timely servicing of client needs on a diverse book of commercial lines insurance business.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Identify prospective clients, obtain and maintain data about their financial resources and needs.
- Develop and maintain effective network within the business community and industry.
- Utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations to prospective and existing customers on new and renewal business.
- Maintain thorough knowledge in market, industry, and economic and administrative trends to better serve customers.
- Design insurance programs, recommend coverages, and change and/or implement client programs.
- Presents the solutions to clients and negotiates compensation effectively.
- Creates a client-specific business plan to ensure growth, retention, and cross-sell goals are met.
- Ensures quality of deliverables and enforcement of critical deadlines through effective communication.
- Leads communication between the client and the service team members.
- Generates accurate budget projections, monitors progress, and provides updates to leadership.
- Seeks feedback on firm’s execution of renewals through ongoing client dialogue.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Property & Casualty coverages.
- Maintain expert knowledge of one or more specialty industry groups.
- Contact prospective clients and explain features and merits of policies offered.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Obtain and maintain all licensing and continued education requirements.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, prospects, carriers, vendors and other firm advisors/employees.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in P&C insurance with a minimum of 8+ years of Property and Casualty production experience.
- Strong and comprehensive technical knowledge of the Property and Casualty marketplace.
- Demonstrable evidence in your ability to generate substantial new business.
- Ability to think innovatively, creatively, critically and logically to provide value added insurance and risk management solutions to clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building & maintenance.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, presentation & organizational skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team or individually in a fast paced, dynamic environment where superior time management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Holds a relevant P&C license.
- Professional designations a plus.